Open water swimming returns to Tilgate Park Watersports for the 2019 season. We are really excited to add open water swimming to our programme of activities, here’s all the details you need:
2019 Season Swim Times (25th April – 29th August – this may be extended into September, please check back nearer the time)
• Thursdays 6.30pm – 8.30pm
Costs: £6 per swim
Please see information below about the NOWCA safety wristband that you will need to take part in open water swimming at Tilgate Park Watersports.
We pride ourselves in creating the safest open water swimming experience for our swim community and that is why we use the NOWCA safety wristband system at Tilgate Park Watersports. We want you to enjoy your open water swim because you can be assured that you swim at a lake that uses a proven and robust safety system based around having a raised awareness of YOU in the water.
The NOWCA band is great because…
- It allows us to easily access your emergency contact and medical information immediately, if needed
- It makes swim payments easier and helps eliminate queues at peak times
- It sends you a post-swim email with your time and distance stats so you can track your progress
- It gives you the opportunity to enjoy offers from the NOWCA partners (such as Swim Secure, Outdoor Swimmer…)
- It can be used by venues for timing race events
- It gives you the opportunity to a part of a growing community of like-minded open water swimmers
- You can also pay online before you get here at Tilgate Park Watersports so click this link and you will be transferred to our retail site for payment
Please make sure you register for a NOWCA band before you arrive to swim with us for the first time. It’s a quick and easy registration via the NOWCA website (www.nowca.org/swimmers) and costs just £12 a year (in addition to your swim session prices). Please select ‘Tilgate’ for your Venue and then collect your band from our reception when you come for your first open water swim. You must scan in and out of the water on each session and then you will get your post-swim stats email.